[fonc] Xml to git
John Carlson
2014-03-07 05:22:42 UTC
See Linus Torvalds post on making git a replacement for xml on the
subsurface project.
John Carlson
2014-03-07 05:23:19 UTC
subsurface project.
Attila Lendvai
2014-03-07 17:31:08 UTC
Post by John Carlson
See Linus Torvalds post on making git a replacement for xml on the
subsurface project.
without a link in the 21st century? i assume this one:

https://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds/posts/X2XVf9Q7MfV

nothing interesting if you ask me. a few dozen more shell scripts to
glue it together and git will work just fine for just about
anything... :)
--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
— Albert Einstein (1879–1955), variations: things/explanation; Einstein/Occam
Loup Vaillant-David
2014-03-08 01:04:55 UTC
Post by Attila Lendvai
https://plus.google.com/+LinusTorvalds/posts/X2XVf9Q7MfV
nothing interesting if you ask me. a few dozen more shell scripts to
glue it together and git will work just fine for just about
anything... :)
Which by itself sounds most interesting. Why Git is so widely
applicable in the first place? Surely there's power to be drawn from
that knowledge.

Loup.
John Carlson
2014-03-08 01:22:01 UTC
Chris Warburton
2014-03-10 09:27:36 UTC
I'm not quite sure what makes it better than XML except people love to
hate XML.
There are reasons for that ;)

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/topics/xml.html#xml-essence

Cheers,